Some things I learned from 2 magazines I’ve never thought of reading before:
- We get goose bumps when we’re scared for the same reason cats fluff up when they feel threatened, to look as big as possible.
- What I should get a few people for Christmas
- You can use an iPad to create professional photography lighting
- The Harvard guys behind OkCupid have been documenting trends on their OkTrends blog. One of the things they found was that women with pictures with conversation starters got more first-contact messages than ones with cleavage.
The Oprah Magazine:
- The next book I will be reading is Mrs. Nixon by Ann Beattie
- My passions are: planning things creatively, reading, exploring new places/traveling, horseback riding, music
- I’m motivated by social factors and should choose a job that keeps me around others collaborating.
- I need to treat my neck the same way I treat my face (moisturizer and sunscreen). Otherwise I’ll end up wearing turtlenecks constantly like Dianne Keaton when I’m older. I added that last part, not Oprah.
- A nice thing you can do is tie a message—”It’s going to be okay!” to a pumpkin, and leave it in a public place.